Global E-commerce Outlook 2021
What is driving e-commerce growth in different markets?
June 17, 2021 20 Minute Read
E-commerce is driving robust industrial & logistics property demand. CBRE’s Global Research has conducted an analysis of how e-commerce’s future growth will impact industrial & logistics markets worldwide. Our analysis included:
- Studying 43 global markets
- Exploring 27 factors driving e-commerce
- Identifying 6 key drivers that best explain e-commerce penetration
- Creating an index to measure the strength of these drivers in different markets
- Forecasting e-commerce penetration in each market and the additional logistics space required to satisfy demand
Midyear Industrial Market Update and E-Commerce Spotlight
In this CBRE Roundtable industry experts reviewed the drivers of e-commerce growth across markets and the implications on industrial real estate, as well as market fundamentals and trends in leasing, capital markets, development and debt markets.
Richard Barkham, Ph.D.
Global Chief Economist, Head of Global Research & Head of Americas Research
Henry Chin, Ph.D.
Global Head of Investor Thought Leadership & Head of Research, Asia Pacific
Senior Vice President, Global Head of Occupier Thought Leadership & Research Consulting
Vice President, Global Head of Industrial & Logistics Research
Managing Director, Head of Industrial & Logistics Capital Markets, EMEA
Head of European Retail and Investment Properties
Global President, Advisory & Transaction Services
Head of Capital Markets, Asia Pacific