This statement will be provided in both Chinese and English. If there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese version of this PPS, the English version shall prevail.
Types of Personal Data Collected
“Personal data" means any personally identifying information or data. The personal data we collect include, but is not limited to, name, identity card number, passport number, telephone number, physical or email address, any other contact details and copy of any document which may contain the personal data of the customers, such as utilities bills etc.
Use of Personal Data
In the following situations, your personal data will be used by us. If we do not have sufficient information from you, we may not be able to provide fully our services to you.
- performance of our works and services, which includes commercial property and corporate facilities management, occupier and property/agency leasing, property sales, valuation, real estate investment management, commercial mortgage origination and servicing, capital markets (equity and debt) solutions, development services and proprietary research;
- collection of overdue commission or outstanding fees;
- legal proceedings and/or enforcement of judgments and/or orders;
- compliance with the applicable legal or regulatory requirements, or orders of competent authorities within or outside Hong Kong;In the following situation, we may not use your personal data unless we have received your consent:
- promotion and marketing information including market research report, newsletter, event invitation or property market information of the services and products indicated in point a. above.
Transfer of Personal Data
The personal data you have provided to us may be transferred to the following parties within or outside Hong Kong, as may be necessary for any of the purposes stated above:-
- the service providers, contractors, consultant, agents and/or representatives who provide services to CBRE in connection with the business and/or operation;
- co-operative real estate agents or brokers;
- companies within the Group Companies*;
- law firms, banks, financial institutions, insurers, mortgage referral services providers and/or wealth management services providers;
- government authorities, regulatory bodies and/or other law enforcement agencies;
- courts, tribunals and/or parties to the legal proceedings; and/or
- debt collection agencies.
Retention of Personal Data
CBRE has implemented internal control measures to prevent unauthorized access of personal data. Personal data of customers will be retained by the Company for 7 years from the date of signing of the letter of engagement, service agreement, provisional agreement of sale and purchase, or the provisional agreement for tenancy (as the case may be) or such longer period as prescribed by the relevant laws and regulations applicable to CBRE.
We will cease to use the personal data of the customers for direct marketing if the customers so request and we will ensure that the parties to whom we transferred the customers’ personal data will comply with such request. Customers who do not wish to receive direct marketing calls or materials may contact the Privacy Administrator by using the channels prescribed below.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
Under the Ordinance, customers have the right to access and/or correct their personal data. Accordingly, customers may contact our Privacy Administrator by using the channels prescribed below.
The following are maintained to ensure compliance with the Ordinance:
- Designated Privacy Administrator is assigned to manage your consent, opt-in, opt-out, correction and access request;
- Records of your consent, opt-in, opt-out requests are timely tracked;
- We have established an Electronic Marketing Policy, which sets out strict requirements on compliance with the Ordinance relating to direct marketing;
To opt-out our Direct Marketing Communication:
- by following the Opt-Out instruction contained in the body of any marketing e-mail from us or by sending us an e-mail at PrivacyAdministrator@cbre.com by including a copy of the e-mail you have received and by typing “Remove” in the subject line of your e-mail;
All enquiries about this statement or personal data shall be addressed in writing to the Privacy Administrator by one of the following channels:
- by email as indicated in i above;
- by telephone, at +1 602 735 5215 and ask for our Director of Web Marketing;
- by facsimile, at +1 602 735 5655; or
- by mail, care of Director of Web Marketing, CBRE, Inc., 2415 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85016 USA.
The Company reserves the right to change this statement and/or any part thereof.